Features of a Branch School Education
Here are some special features of The Branch School that foster important skills that promote life-long learning. These distinct features offer a competitive advantage within the Houston educational community:
- Outdoor Classroom program that features a hands-on learning experience in environmental education, conservation and nature studies enhancing an already strong math and science program
- The teaching and practice of critical thinking, problem-solving, peacemaking, and 21st century skills (see under Programs how these skills benefit students)
- Our three-year-olds through eighth grade program that is specially designed to provide appropriate curriculum development without the influence of peer pressure and older students.
- Small class sizes that supports the project-based, hands-on, research-based learning that complements the book learning
- A middle school focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)