Will You Help Us Grow?
Construction has finally begun on Phase One of our Master Plan! The new building will primarily house our middle school, but will serve students of all levels. Our school principles are reflected in the cutting-edge design of the building and grounds. The structure will allow us to serve double the students that currently attend Branch. Our dedication to STEAM curriculum will find many new outlets in the dedicated art studio and science lab, as well as a kiln studio. The LEED Silver design, which includes solar panels, ground-sourced HVAC and a cistern for rain harvesting, will not only be kind to the environment, it will provide many avenues for learning and experimentation. The “maker spaces” and common area flex for different uses, while fostering collaboration and innovation. Our beloved Outdoor Classroom will have its own office space and additional planter boxes in the courtyard for cultivation of our organic gardens and native species. A new soccer field and running path will help our students take their athletics to the next level.
We’ve obtained major funding for the project, but still need $1.5 million more to complete the vision. Will you help us grow? Naming opportunities are available for major gifts. A generous donor has also pledged up to $250,000 to match donations from $10,000 to $20,000. Multi-year pledges are also accepted for donations from $10,000 and up. Please contact Ann Hightower, Board of Trustees Chair, for more information.
TBS Alumni Parent
Our new facility will:
- Serve twice as many students, across all grades, PK through 8th
- Harvest rainwater for science experiments and irrigation
- Expand opportunities for our Outdoor Classroom lessons on ecology and organic gardening
- Allow for fresh air circulation for healthy classrooms enhanced by an innovative wind hearth
- Include two Maker Spaces for hands-on projects
- Be environmentally conscious, with LEED Silver Certification
- Heat and cool with a Ground Sourced HVAC System
- Supply its own electricity with solar roof panels
- Provide spaces for collaboration, inspiration and community
- Support our STEAM curriculum with a dedicated Art Studio and Science Lab
- Upgrade our sports program with a new soccer field and running trails through our campus
Branch is working with the “dream team” of Kirksey Architecture and Harvey Builders to bring this vision to life. Located on The Branch School campus east of the Lower School building, we expect to move in to the new facility in late 2022. Our students and staff have been watching (through the fence!) the progress of the work crews. Our middle school students have teamed up with Kirksey this year for their “Sequoia” project to learn how a building is designed and built. Kirksey also spent a lot of time in the pre-design process to learn what our students and staff wanted to see in their new home.
You are invited to join us on Saturday, December 11 for an Open House from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. to have a look at the job site, see plans up close and visit with other Branch Friends! Please RSVP to Betsy West and follow us on Facebook or Instagram for more details!